Friday, July 22, 2005

oh, snap

The most satisfying thing I've read all week comes, not surprisingly, from Walter Chaw:
Anymore, the Sundance imprint is a promise that a movie is going to be self-satisfied, laborious, and incompetent in that special way that independent films have become since getting co-opted by big money and directors looking to make a résumé instead of a film. You can call this shit "alternative," but alternative to what? Hustle & Flow is the same kind of underdog bullroar that mainstream producers who never met a pre-chewed master plot they haven't massaged introduce into the pool at every turn.


Read the full review here.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Amy
My new independent film Site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home