Sunday, January 30, 2005

This week in DVD:

Alien v. Predator I saw it on opening day, and probably should have just waited for the dvd. Worth renting for director commentary justifying his existence.

Mean Creek an over-looked gem from 2004 has all my favorite elements of film-making: death, a first-time director and shot on location in the Northwest. One of my top 10 of the year.

Anatomy of Hell I'll be skipping this one, but I'm sure it's a Cathy wish-list item.

Petrified Forest Humpfrey Bogart (in fourth billing) and Bette Davis star in thriller set in a desert roadhouse.

Metallica: Some Kind of Monster also one of my Top 10 of 2004. A wonderful look at how joyous and destructive the band-collective process can be (like the rock band verstion of Me Without You). Also you know, Metallica rules!

Story of the Weeping Camel If you're anything like me and you thought this film sounded too boring to be real now may be a good time for us to see what the big hub bub is about. Oscar-nominated for Best Documentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home